Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My take on Eragon


Eragon is a tantalizing read for Harry Potter, and The Secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel fans. It has plenty of magic, dragons, betrayal, love. Eragon the farm boy who gets thrown into the dying legacy of the Dragon Riders (the guardians of peace), before Galbatorix almost destroyed them all. Eragon has deep insights as to why he was chosen, he questions himself and who he is to become. While hunting in the Spine, the forest by Eragons home Carvahall, he finds a mystious blue stone that explodes in a raging turrant of fire when he almost bags a stag for home. Curiosity overiding caution, he takes the stone thinking he has the greatest find for a poor farm boy. Unknown to him, he has found one of the three existing dragon eggs. It soon hatches and he is thrust into a deadly world of magic and fate that the Dragon Riders face. He then finds himself fighting for himself and his dragon. He named the dragon Saphira. In order to restore his world plunged in chaos ,he must beat the Galbatorix.

I recommend this book because it was an interesting read. And so were the other parts of this series.

7 comments:

  1. Nice start for a blog! I love the design as well.
    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I've thought about reading but still haven't gotten to. Nice review. Hope you enjoy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Book Dude,
    Just ran by your Mom's post at SITS, so I figured I would pop on in.
    I am impressed by the fact that at only age 13 you have such insight. You are absolutely on the right track.
    Write everyday. It will improve your skills. Read everyday. You'll learn more than you can imagine. Accept criticism and stay humble. I see great things for you.
    Join the SCBWI when you turn 18. It was the best move I've made.
    See you at the top someday! I'll be checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read this but I did see the movie. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it was gonna be, so now I'ma have to read the book. It's prolly much better.

    Congrats on your blog. :) Hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog design is great! I completely agree with your review of Eragon, it is a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to say GOOD JOB! I read your mom's post (through SITS) and wanted to show some support here! Do not give up on your dreams of being an editor! You are on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Blog! I'm going to let my son read this, he always needs ideas for books to read. I look forward to reading you more!

    ReplyDelete